Saturday, January 8, 2011

Anabelle's First Birthday

Anabelle's first birthday party was a working progress that started about 5 months before her party. Needless to say it consumed my life. Luckily I have quite a bit of free time at work so I was able to do a lot of research and DIY most of the decorations....
Here is a view of the sweets bar..I made the banner which took a while due to the fact that it had to be made during naptime..the pictures start with 0 (in the hospital) and go to 11 months. It was a big hit! The cupcake toppers cost $2.00 to make (compared to $12-$14 on most websites). Very easy and fun! I cannot take credit for the cake even though I wish I could.

Food table: please ignore the towel I failed to remove before taking the picture. We had vases (which I bought at a thrift store for $1.00 for both) filled with skittles and huge gumballs. All the children who attended filled their goody bags with the candy. Note: Its almost been a month since the party and I am still eating skittles!! Center piece all from Hobby Lobby..grand total spent on that was $6.00!  

Close up of the totally amazing white cake with cream cheese icing...YUMMMMM!!!

CAKE TIME! The top of her cake came off and Anabelle dug into it like a pro! The high chair banner said "I am one!" which I loved! It looked great for the pictures!


The Birthday Princess in her to DIE for birthday dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment